Accommodation Supports

At Unisson Disability, our goal is to support your choice regarding where you live – whether that’s at home with your family, in a place of your own, or in a home with others in the community.

We’ll listen carefully to get a clear picture of your goals. Then together, we’ll come up with a way forward that can help you achieve them. The accommodation support we offer is flexible and can adapt as your needs change over time. Accommodation support could be someone dropping in to your home once a week, all the way up to a 24 hour model of high needs support.

Supported Independent Living (SIL)

Living in a shared home gives you an opportunity for greater support and companionship and to be part of your local community. Unisson Disability supports people living in shared homes in Hornsby, Lower North Shore, Blacktown, Parklea, Glenwood and in areas of the Central Coast and Hunter.

When you choose Unisson Disability as your support provider we work with you through every step as you move towards your new shared living arrangement. Together we make sure your home reflects who you are and that you get the support you need once you are settled in.

Before Moving:

Before moving into your new home we get to know what is important to you. Some of the things to think about include:

  • Where will your home be?
  • Who will you live with?
  • How can we best work alongside you to prepare you for the move?
  • Together we will agree on an overall plan that works for everyone.

During the Move:

There are many practical things to think about during this stage, and we want to make sure this is an enjoyable experience. Some things we consider and plan together include:

  • What kind of staff are you looking for?
  • What skills and shared interests would you like them to have?
  • What equipment do you need?
  • What furniture needs to be purchased?

Settling In:

Once you’ve moved in, our time is spent getting to know you even better. Once we’ve met your goals for living arrangements we want to understand more about what you need and want to be able to live your best life. We will continue to review, discuss and check in with you and your support networks.

Take a look at
our SIL vacancies

View Now

Short Term Accommodation (STA/Respite)


Unisson Disability’s in-home accommodation service can provide planned respite for you or a family member if you are caring for a person with a disability. Our in-home packages are flexible and responsive to each family’s circumstances.


A break or change in routine is important for the wellbeing of families and there’s no reason why it can’t be fun for you if you’re the person attending respite.

Unisson Disability has an overnight cottage located in Hornsby. Our cottage and Direct Support Professionals provide a supportive, happy and ‘holiday-like’ environment for you or your family member who needs support.

Learn More About Our STA Supports

Supported Living (drop-in support)

Support with independent living gives you flexibility and control over the type and level of support you receive. It ensures you get drop-in support only when you need it, so that you can live as independently as you wish.

Unisson Disability works together with you, your family and support network to come up with the right type and amount of support for you.

A key part of independent living is providing support to help you develop relationships and friendships. Other skills that you might learn in order to become more independent include:

  • Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Travel
  • Budgeting
  • Health and well-being
  • Participating in your community
  • Assistance with daily tasks
  • Support with trying new activities

Not sure if these support services are covered in your NDIS plan?

Accommodation Supports can align with the following Support Categories in your plan:

  • - Assistance with Daily Life (Core)
  • - Improved Living Arrangements (Capacity Building)
  • - Improved Daily Living Skills (Capacity Building)*
  • - Improved Health & Wellbeing (Capacity Building)

*This does not include access to allied health professionals or therapists