Short-term Accommodation & Assistance (STA/Respite)
Our short-term accommodation and assistance (STA) service provides planned respite for families caring for a person with disability. Our service is flexible and designed to be responsive to each family’s circumstances.
Whether you choose to tap into our STA service for a few hours a week or use your STA funding to plan for a holiday, we can arrange for our trained staff to come to you, to support you at home* or you may prefer to plan a break at our holiday cottage. No matter the plan, our goal is to be available for you.
In Your Home
Unisson Disability’s in-home accommodation service can provide planned respite for you or a family member if you are caring for a person with disability.
A representative from Unisson Disability will visit your family to discuss and plan how our respite service can be most beneficial. Some families may choose to tap into this respite for just a few hours per week while others may choose to use their hours to enable them to have a holiday. Our in-home packages are flexible and responsive to each family’s circumstances.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Supportive staff who will respond to your family’s needs.
- Planned, time-limited breaks for families and carers.
- Purposeful, individualised, culturally and age-appropriate experiences.
- In-home or community access that is carefully planned and discussed to suit each person’s needs.
- A service that’s designed to enhance quality of life, strengthen and maintain the primary care relationship.
A break or change in routine is important for the wellbeing of families and there’s no reason why it can’t be fun for you if you’re the person attending respite.
Our Hornsby cottage provides a supportive, happy and ‘holiday-like’ environment for you or your family member who needs support. Prior to your stay, we’ll work with you and your family to plan activities and experiences that you’ll enjoy and that meet your individual needs and preferences. During your stay you’ll have the opportunity to participate in fun, social incursions and excursions, make new friends and try new activities.
Our Hornsby Cottage features:
- 4 bedrooms, 2 with en suite
- High-care facilities
- 1 bedroom, newly renovated self-contained unit with accessible en suite bathroom, kitchen, and lounge space
- Homely and comfortable shared lounge room, dining room and large kitchen
- Large back yard with accessible ramps and BBQ
- All meals included (all dietary requirements catered for)
- Quality care, 24/7, 365 days a year
- Over 18s only
Download our Hornsby Cottage weekend activity calendar below.Download STA Weekend Calendar
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support also known as shared living accommodation.
Support with independent living gives you flexibility and control over the type and level of support you receive, ensuring you get the support you