Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)

We understand the challenges people face when it comes to finding suitable and appropriate accommodation, especially when someone has more specific housing needs.

Based on our core values, Unisson have strategically partnered with a number of Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) providers to bring you brand new purpose-built, accessible homes designed to suit your support needs.

Our SDA partnerships make it possible for people to exercise choice and control over where they live, who they live with and how they live. This creates a sense of belonging and a place for you to truly call home.

What is Specialist Disability Accommodation?

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is innovative, accessible housing specifically designed for people with extreme functional impairment or very high support needs. SDA is designed to support people with specific housing needs to live a more independent and fulfilling life while accessing high-quality Supported Independent Living.

Watch the video below to understand the difference between Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) and Supported Independent Living (SIL).

Frequently Asked Questions

How is SDA funded?

The SDA payments from your NDIS plan are paid to your SDA provider. SDA funding is for the cost of the home or building you live in. Your SIL funding is separate to your SDA funding.

How do I get SDA funding?

If you don’t have SDA funding included in your NDIS plan, you will need to complete an NDIS Home and Living Supports Request Form to explore whether SDA will work for you. If you are not eligible for SDA, there are other home and living supports that may be more suitable like our Supported Independent Living (SIL) options.

I have SDA funding with another SDA provider and am looking to switch providers. Will my funding transfer to my new SDA provider?

Yes. Once you move out of your existing SDA home, your SDA funding from the NDIS will be directed to your new SDA provider.

I don’t have SDA funding but would like to know more.

If you are unsure about your SDA eligibility, simply contact our friendly team on 1300 266 222 or fill in the contact form below and one of our team members will be in touch shortly to discuss your options.

SDA isn’t right for me, what other home and living supports do you offer?

Unisson offer a range of home and living supports. The supports we offer are flexible and can adapt as your needs change.

To explore our range of accommodation support services visit:

Contact Us

How did you hear about us?
Sign Up For Newsletter

6 West Street,
PO Box 474,

P: 1300 266 222 F: (02) 9496 8701 E: hello@unisson.org.au
ABN 28 613 272 772 ACN 613 272 772 NDIS Provider number: 14707640

Do you have a general enquiry?

General Enquiries