Dylan aces Unisson’s new radio advert
When we were planning a radio advert to promote our Supported Living service and cooking classes in the Hunter region, we thought we’d offer a Unisson client the opportunity to be involved, and Dylan Fry, from Tanilba Bay, was happy to volunteer.
Dylan spent around an hour recording the advert and touring Newcastle’s Southern Cross Austereo studios (the home of 9NBN, Triple M 102.9 and Hit 106.9) and said the experience was “pretty cool!”
The advert will be playing on Newcastle’s Hit 106.9 until the end of March or you can listen to the recording below. We’re sure you’ll agree that Dylan has done an excellent job!
What is Supported Living?
Unisson’s Supported Living service provides 1:1 support, including training and mentoring, to assist you to live independently and build your independent living skills. This includes support with:
- Exploring your community and making new connections
- Discovering new passions and exploring your interests more deeply
- Help to do what needs to be done around your home
- Assistance to create healthy and nutritious meals – from menu planning, budgeting, shopping and food preparation
- Help to get ready for the day, and throughout
- Health & wellbeing
- Getting to where you need to go – whether its work, appointments or the café
- Help to get ‘techy’ with your computer, smart phone or tablet
- Help to navigate the public transport system
We also regularly provide small group classes at our Community Access Centres. For more information about the classes in your area, or to explore how our independent living service can meet your needs, please contact us.